As part of the drive by the Welsh Government to tackle Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence, the Hafan Cymru’s Spectrum Project is fully funded by the Welsh Government to deliver sessions on Healthy Relationships and VAWDASV topics in all secondary and primary schools in Wales.
- Promote the importance of healthy relationships and raise the awareness of children, young people and adults about the issues of Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Are delivered by qualified and experienced teachers, sessions can be delivered in Welsh or English and all resources are bilingual.
- Are cross curricular and are designed to promote peer discussion, using a range of techniques
- Use material that are thought provoking but are not designed to be so emotive as to cause distress.
- Are designed to promote discussion not disclosure.
- Conclude with information for young people on where they can access help and support both inside and outside the school.
Deliver training for school staff/parents/guardians and governors on:
- raising awareness of domestic abuse
- understanding the implications of domestic abuse on a child
- looking at a whole school approach to tackling Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence.